Dog Collar and Lead Sizing Guide
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG FOR A COLLAR
- Take 1 tape measure and 1 dog.
- Measure around the base of the neck, insert a couple of your fingers for comfort and record the measurement in inches - see diagram A above.
- Collar sizes are given in ranges, measuring from X (the smallest possible size when fastened) to Y (the largest possible size when fastened) - see diagram B above.
- We suggest that you choose a collar size where the neck size of your dog is between X and Y.
- Please note that as many collars are handmade, sizing may vary slightly.
- Z is the collar width. You will need to note this when you choose a lead to match, as explained below.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE CORRECT LEAD SIZE TO MATCH A COLLAR
- When choosing a lead size to match a collar, the width of the collar (Z) should correspond to the width of the lead.
- For example, if your dog requires a 28-34 x 2" collar, then the correct matching lead size is a 2" width.
- It is important you choose the correct width of lead to balance the weight of the matching collar.
PLEASE NOTE: As many collars are handmade, sizing may vary slightly.